Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism / M.S., Journalism
The University of Texas at Austin / B.S., Journalism
PBS NewsHour — Assistant Reporter Producer
AUGUST 2015 - PRESENT
- Write and edit broadcast copy; research and produce day-of-air tape packages; field produce on Capitol Hill as needed
- Identify, and book guests/panelists/on-camera participants for nightly newscast and develop pitches for future segments
- Collaborate with NewsHour’s online unit as a national affairs beat reporter and news photographer
Austin American Statesman — Freelancer
FEBRUARY 2015 - SEPTEMBER 2015
- Broke story exposing hiring policies that allowed two brothers convicted of violently assaulting a gay man to teach and grade UT students
- Led university to fired staff members; story ran front page.
The Dallas Morning News —Student Reporter
JANUARY 2015 - JANUARY 2016
Four-part data journalism series collaboration that documented racial divides between Texas law enforcement agencies and the communities they protect.
WFAA/Channel 8 —Intern
APRIL 2014 - SEPTEMBER 2014
- Local reporter for WFAA.com
- Pitched daily in morning meetings for day-of-air packages.
- Shadowed senior reporters in the field, receiving hands-on broadcast training and invaluable experience in field reporting
• AP Style, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Audition, Final Cut Pro, XD/DSLR/GoPro Cameras, Excel, Archival Research, iNEWS, Media Central.
• Avid tweeter
The Dallas Morning News, Austin American Statesman, PBS NewsHour, WFAA-TV, VICE and Reporting Texas.
First Amendment Award: In-Depth Online Reporting, Society of Professional Journalists, Fort Worth Chapter.
NPR Political 2017 Bracket Challenge: Runner-up
Murrey Jacobson, Senior Producer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Whitely, Senior News Reporter at WFAA-TV, email@example.com
Ed Timms, Deputy Editor of Roll Call, firstname.lastname@example.org